Saturday, October 20, 2007

The $52.49 goal

Last year Brett wanted a green, carbon stick so I made a deal with him that when he scored his first goal I'd buy him one. Well it took him 16 games to put his first goal in the net so it was a well deserved reward.

This year we made a deal that when he scored his first goal of the season I'd buy him an equipment bag that has wheels so he can pull it around. All of that hockey equipment is heavy and his bag wasn't big enough for all of his stuff plus my skates, gloves and helmet so something bigger was needed and the wheels would make it easy for him to tow it around instead of me carrying it around all the time.

Well it didn't take him long to cash in on his reward this year. After two assist in the last two games he came roaring (okay maybe not roaring but...) off the bench this morning and scored in the first three minutes of this mornings game! He was hovering around the front of the net when a rebound presented itself. He had a couple of other great chances as well but that goal earned him (or was it me?) a new equipment bag.

Either way I think it will pay for itself in short order. I think we won 10-2 which isn't bad considering the slow start we had due to the fact that the entire team went to the Norfolk Admirals game last night and they were all dog tired.

We have two games next weekend so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Brett. Talk your Dad into more silly deals. Like a new bike for winning a race, since you did that yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home