Thursday, July 19, 2007

Commuting on a day like today?

The forecast calls for the temp to reach 98 degrees today but that didn't stop me from jumping on my bike and commuting to work. Now, why on earth would I want to commute to work on a day like today? It's really quite simple: the AC is broken in my car!

So, I'd rather ride to work in 100 degree heat than drive to work in a 140 degree car. Besides, I need the miles and I could stand to drop a pound or two in the process.

Thanks to Harlen for hooking me up with the modified route. The little detour around NSU and Harbor Park is a nice break from the blvd.

3 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

you a baaaaad man!!!!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Mark:

I feel yur pain. I had to slug my way through the 101 degree day. I set out from work at 12pm for a lunch ride, two hours later, dizzy and drinking the last on my piss warm water, i realized why i do this. An overweight (at least 230) teenager handed me a bottle of ice cold water from his window and called me a stud. Not a stud, just stupid i guess. Not all teenagers are bad.

See ya when I see ya.

Wayno

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Marco said...

LOL - Wayno I hear about about the piss-warm water! By the time I got home (and mind you I only had to go 14 miles) my water was hot and my feet felt like they were cooking in my shoes!

My ride this morning was much nicer (and cooler).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home