Saturday, November 03, 2007

Cobblestone


The Mrs took this picture of me at the Cobblestone cross race and I just remember how bad that second race felt. Every lap I wanted to quit. Every lap I felt like turning my bars just slightly to the left and heading to the van. But I stayed out there for some dumb reason and completed 1:35 of very dry, dusty, hot, sunny and painful cross "riding" because what I was doing certainly wasn't racing. Cross racing should be cold and sloppy and you shouldn't get a sun burn!

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

Yeah, that looks like cyclo-scorth.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger fire fitness and bikes said...

Maybe next year will we have cross weather. I bet there will be cross weather at the beginning of the road season.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I like the fact that you've got two tough sports- cyclo-cross and La Crosse going on at the same time on the same field- yes. And you look good too Marco.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Winder! Hope things are going well.

Hey I'm looking at coming home for the Teeuwen ride this year. Been getting home sick and looking forward to seeing everyone. At least I'm not travelling for a while so I'll be ready to get on a plane again and make the trip back there. Watch for my new "adventures of a race photographer" blog coming soon!

Ciao - Jono

 

Post a Comment

<< Home